EDJABE, Ntone (ed.)
The Chimurenga Chronic (August 2013)
This issue of The Chronic, the newspaper published (more or less quarterly) by Chimurenga, notably comprises:
- essays gathered around the topic of “The Philanthropic Complex”;
- “A Brief History of Presidential Libraries,” and “Love and Learning under the World Bank,” both by Stacy Hardy;
- essays and artists’ projects considering the notion of civil society between African states;
- a Camfranglais Lexicon;
- several articles on soccer, notably conversations with women football players from South Africa, and a profile of Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi;
- and, of course, the supplement Chronic Books.
Contributors to that issue include Jon Soske, Paula Akugizibwe, Yves Mintoogue, Adewale Maja-Pearce, Parsalelo Kantai, Fred Moten & Stefano Harney, Cédric Vincent, Deji Toye, Derin Ajao, Tony Mochama, Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah,Agri Ismaïl, Lindokuhle Nkosi, Bongani Kona, Stacy Hardy, Emmanuel Induma, Ugochukwu-Smooth Nzewi, Lolade Ayewudi, Simon Kuper and many others.